Add to Google

29.11.08

Leaving Benji

.
.
.
.

.
After passing through a township that has seen better days, we stop to watch some elephants bathing.  Seeing their painted faces, I am reminded that, before I get to Africa, I must return to the Solomon Islands to get some more of Tele and Seena’s coral lime, for Unbea. I also notice that that Benji is looking sad and I realise that he is missing the company of elephants and that taking him to the Solomons would remove him from his own kind for some considerable time. Fortunately, Hiragana, Hiragaz’s sister, turns up and, seeing my predicament, immediately adopts the youngster. Benji could not hope for a better guardian so, very happy with this result, I bid them farewell, join a passing camel train and head across the desert as fast as I possibly can.

 

Professor Humperdink’s Diary


Unbea